AlertFusion may be a very new business, established in 2019, but the seed of the idea for the solution it would offer had been formulating over a decade.
The story is best told by Jayanth Varma, founder and CEO, the man whose brainchild it was:
I spent many years as a security analyst and later as a security operations and engineering manager working for a number of large enterprise organisations. I found that, while the set-up, size of team and type of technology would differ from one organisation to another, the same basic problems persisted.
These problems included:
- Too many processes being worked with each in its own silo
- Excessive time spent reworking repetitive alerts in every team
- Slow, manual processes for validating and responding to alerts
- The need to operate between multiple ticketing systems
- Lack of a unified platform for operational processes
- Difficulty in customising multi-vendor technologies
- High costs of scaling automation and orchestration
- Loss of security knowledge due to staff attrition
I spoke to many vendors about addressing these problems, but none was willing to consider making the effort to develop solutions to fix these issues. So, because I felt so strongly that something needed to be done, I decided to take on the challenge myself.