AlertFusion may be a very new business, established in 2019, but the seed of the idea for the solution it offers has been formulating over a decade.
The story is best told by Jayanth Varma, founder and CEO:
I spent many years as a security analyst and later as security operations and engineering manager working for a number of large enterprise organisations. I found that, while the set-up, size of team and type of technology in a security operations center would differ from one organisation to another, the same basic problems persisted.
These problems included:
- Too many processes being worked with each in its own silo
- Excessive time spent reworking repetitive alerts in every team
- Slow, manual operational management processes for validating and responding to alerts
- The need to operate between multiple ticket management and incident response systems
- Lack of a unified platform for security operational processes
- Difficulty in customising multi-vendor technologies
- High costs of scaling security automation and orchestration
- Lack of security knowledge management due to staff attrition
I spoke to many vendors about addressing these problems, but none was willing to consider making the effort to develop automated and centralized alert management solutions to fix these issues. So, because I felt so strongly that something needed to be done, I decided to take on the challenge myself.